For data protection purposes, the data controller is the Audi on demand location as shown on your reservation confirmation email and your rental agreement that you will sign when you collect the vehicle (referred to as “we”).
We are collecting this personal data about you (“your information”) in order to enter into and manage your contract for the reservation and rental of a vehicle, to verify your identity and your driving record, and to comply with any legal requirements with regards to your rental of a vehicle. Personal information we may ask you to provide includes some or all of the following: your name, address, date of birth, payment information, telephone number, email address, and driving record details.
Terms and conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR RESERVATION TO US. THESE TERMS TELL YOU HOW WE WILL PROVIDE A RENTAL VEHICLE TO YOU, HOW YOU OR WE MAY CHANGE OR END YOUR RESERVATION, WHAT TO DO IF THERE IS A PROBLEM AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RESERVATION AND RENTAL OF THE VEHICLE.
Your contract for the reservation and rental of a vehicle is made with the Audi on demand location named on your reservation confirmation email and the rental agreement that you will sign when you pick-up the vehicle. It is formed of your reservation confirmation email, the rental agreement and these terms and conditions. By providing us with your email address you agree to be provided with a copy of these terms and conditions and the rental agreement electronically using that email address.
When we refer to "vehicle", this is the vehicle that you have selected and agreed to rent as set out above and shown on your reservation confirmation email and rental agreement (including its keys and all parts and accessories present within the vehicle at the commencement of your hire).
All references to "we", "us" and "our" in these terms and conditions are to the Audi on demand location from which you hire the vehicle and our contact details are shown on your reservation confirmation email and rental agreement.
All references to "you" and "your in these terms and conditions are to the person named on the rental agreement who has been approved by us to use the vehicle and who is designated to receive and pay all fees, charges and other costs associated with the rental of the vehicle as indicated in the reservation confirmation email, the rental agreement and these terms and conditions.
A COPY OF OUR FULL GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL ARE AVAILABLE HERE (Terms and conditions).
How to contact us
If there is anything you do not understand please contact us. You can contact us using the contact details shown on your reservation confirmation email and rental agreement.
How we may contact you
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you using the email address or postal address you provide to us at the time of reservation.
(A) Requirements to renting and driving the vehicle
You and anybody else who drives the vehicle must meet all of the following requirements. We will not be able to rent the vehicle to you or allow someone to drive the vehicle if these requirements are not met, and if this is the case, and you have reserved your vehicle in advance you may still be required to pay part or all of the total charges shown on your reservation confirmation email. To the extent that the law permits, we can refuse to rent a vehicle to you, but in particular, we may refuse to rent the vehicle to you if we believe that any driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or if you or anyone in your party is in our opinion abusive or threatening to our team.
You can add additional named driver(s) free of charge as long as they meet the driving requirements as set out below. Such persons will be named on your rental agreement. Only you and those additional named driver(s) shown on your rental agreement are permitted to drive the vehicle. Please note, the additional drivers must be present when you collect a vehicle to ensure their driving licence can be verified, if they are not present they will not be permitted to drive the vehicle or be insured. You must ensure that they observe and comply with these terms and conditions and you will be fully responsible if they do not comply with these terms and conditions, and for any of their acts and/or omissions.
The minimum age to drive the vehicle is generally 21 years old, but some vehicles may not be driven by anyone under the age of 25 (these restrictions will be indicated to you during the reservation process). The maximum age generally to drive the Vehicle is 75. If you are over the age of 75 then you should contact us directly for more details.
You and each additional named driver must hold a full driving licence valid for the type of vehicle being hired for the full rental period. This licence must permit the driver to drive in the United Kingdom and must have been held for at least 12 months before the start of your rental. Provisional driving licence holders are not allowed to drive the vehicle. Your original driving licence and the original driving licence of each of your additional named drivers must be produced for inspection and validation on the day that you pick-up the vehicle before we will hand the vehicle over to you. If a driving licence does not pass our licence validation checks then the licence holder cannot drive the vehicle.
UK driving licence holders
If the driver has a UK driving licence we will validate their driving licence and check their driving record against the DVLA database in the following way:
- If it is a photo card driving licence, the licence will be placed into a licence reader which will scan and verify the driving licence electronically. We will be able to view the driving record, including details of any unspent endorsements, but we will not retain a copy of the driving record. The driving licence details will auto-populate into the rental agreement.
- If it is a paper driving licence, the driver will need to obtain a "check code" from the DVLA online service "Share Driving Licence" (at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence) in order to share their driving licence information with us. The driver’s National Insurance number is required to obtain the "check code". The "check code" can also be obtained by contacting the DVLA customer contact centre (we can provide these contact details to you if you ask us).
No one who has been disqualified from driving at any time in the last five years or whose driving licence is endorsed with (or prosecution pending) any of the following unspent endorsement codes may drive the vehicle. We reserve the right to refuse the rental for all other offences:
|Accident Offences||AC10, AC20, AC30|
|Disqualified Driver||BA10, BA30, BA40, BA60|
|Careless Driving||CD10, CD20, CD30, CD40, CD50, CD60, CD70, CD80, CD90|
|Reckless/Dangerous Driving||DD10, DD40, DD60, DD80|
|Drink||DR10, DR20, DR30, DR31, DR40, DR50, DR60, DR61, DR70, DR80, DR90|
|Drugs||DG10, DG40, DG60, DG80, DG90|
|Licence Offences||LC10, LC20, LC30, LC40, LC50|
|Miscellaneous Offences||MS50, MS90|
|Special Code||TT99, XX99|
|Theft or unauthorised taking||UT10, UT20, UT30, UT40, UT50|
|Mutual Recognition Codes||MR09, MR19, MR29, MR49, MR59|
Non-UK driving licence holders
We will check that a non-UK issued driving licence is an official full driving licence valid for the type of vehicle hired and that the licence is valid in the UK and entitles the driver to drive in the UK for the whole of the rental period. An International Driving Permit issued outside of the UK must be provided if the driving licence:
- is not clearly identifiable as a driving licence
- is only valid in the country of issue
- was issued in a non-European country and it is not in English
- was issued in a non-roman alphabet, like Arabic, Greek, Russian, Hebrew or Japanese
Please note that International Driving Permits issued in the UK cannot be accepted.
Proof of identity and address
We will verify your identity and your address on the day that you pick-up the vehicle before we approve your rental. Please bring the following documents with you. We may ask for additional proof of identification or proof of address if we consider that the documents you have provided are unsatisfactory and we may refuse to rent the vehicle to you if we remain unsatisfied.
UK resident customers
Please provide one of the following original documents (which must contain a signature) as proof of your identity:
- Valid full UK photo card driving licence
- Valid full passport
- EU Member State ID card
- UK Police Warrant card
- UK Issued Shotgun certificate
Please provide one of the following original documents as proof of your home address. Please note that if your driving licence is still registered at an address other than your current home address we will require two additional forms of identification for your new address:
- UK-based bank or building society statement (less than 3 months old)
- UK mortgage statement (less than 12 months old)
- UK gas or electricity bill (less than 3 months old)
- UK phone bill (not mobile, less than 3 months old)
- UK water bill (less than 12 months old)
- UK council tax bill (less than 12 months old)
- UK Credit Union statement (less than 3 months old)
- Letter from Benefits Agency, including Universal Credit welcome letters (less than 12 months old)
- Benefit letter from a local housing authority (less than 12 months old)
- Tenancy agreement from a housing association or a council
Non-UK resident customers
Please provide all of the following:
- Original Government issued photographic identification (which must contain a signature) as proof of your identity, such as valid full passport or valid national identification card
- Original bank statement or utility bill (less than 3 months old) as proof of your home address
- Proof of return flights (if applicable)
- Contact details for where you are staying within the UK
Certain medical conditions are notifiable to the DVLA. As long as you are not driving against medical advice, we will not refuse to hire the vehicle to you on the grounds of disability where you have notified the DVLA of a notifiable medical condition and you otherwise meet all of the requirements within these terms and conditions.
Delivery and collection
We may be able to arrange for the vehicle to be delivered to you at your UK home or business address. If you meet our eligibility criteria, this service is offered free of charge.
If we agree to deliver the vehicle to you, you will need to provide us with your proof of identification and address before the day that the vehicle is delivered to you. You will also need to provide a DVLA check code (even if you hold a photo card licence). If it is your first time booking with us, you will need to arrange a time to come into the centre for driving licence validation checks.
You must be available at the time of delivery to accept the vehicle, and to sign the rental agreement. You will need to produce your original driving licence (and the licence of each of your named additional drivers) for inspection on delivery of the vehicle. If you are unable to provide the required information then we may refuse to leave the vehicle with you or you may be asked to complete the transaction at our premises. You will also be asked to inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damage before we leave the vehicle with you.
At the end of your rental we may be able to collect the vehicle from you at your UK home or business address. You must be available to inspect the vehicle with us and to sign any collection paperwork when we come to collect the vehicle.
To be eligible for concierge delivery and collection service, you must place a booking at least 24 hours in advance. You must also be within one of our delivery zones (usually 30-minute radius of your chosen Audi on demand location). When you receive a courtesy call from one of our Audi on demand concierges after you place a booking, you can request the delivery service. The concierge will then check if you are eligible and if the request can be accepted. All requests are subject to availability. Delivery is not available for S models.
Fuel is not included in your rental rate. We operate a full-to-full fuel policy; this means that your vehicle will have a full tank of fuel at pick-up (which will be noted on your rental agreement) and you must return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel otherwise you will be charged for refuelling the missing quantity of fuel. We do not provide any refunds of fuel. Please keep the receipt for refuelling the vehicle to show us.
Vehicles are subject to availability and eligibility. Reservations are made for a specific vehicle not a specific vehicle group, so the vehicle that you reserve will be the vehicle that you pick-up (unless something which we could not have predicted, is unavoidable or is outside of our control prevents this).
The colour of the vehicle shown in your booking reservation e-mail and online may vary. If you would like to request a specific colour of vehicle, you can do this when you receive a courtesy call from one of the Audi on demand concierges after your booking has been made.
Your reservation will be accepted when we send you an email confirming your reservation or when you sign the rental agreement (whichever happens first) and from this point you are obligated to hire the vehicle (unless you cancel or vary your reservation in accordance with these terms and conditions).
If (in the rare circumstances) the vehicle you have reserved is not available when you come to pick-up the vehicle then you will not be required to pay any of the total charges stated on your reservation confirmation email (and you will be given a full refund of any amounts you have paid in advance). If we are able to offer you an alternative vehicle for your chosen rental period, then you may rent that vehicle for the same rental rate that you would have rented the original vehicle you reserved even if it would normally cost more, or the actual rate, if it would normally cost less.
Making changes to your reservation
You can request changes to your reservation at any time up to two hours before the time you are due to pick-up the vehicle by contacting us (our details are shown on your reservation confirmation email). If your selected vehicle is available and we are able to accommodate your request then we will let you know that the change to your reservation is possible and confirm with you the changes to be made to your rental, including any changes to the charges that you will need to pay for your rental. The revised reservation will be at prices available at the date that you request the change to your reservation, so you may need to pay more. If you proceed with the changes to your reservation, you will be sent an email confirming the changes to your reservation and the revised mandatory and optional charges payable for your selected vehicle. You will not be charged an administration fee for making a change to your reservation.
You may be charged for some or all of the total charges if a change has the same effect as a cancellation (please see the cancelling your reservation section below). Please contact us for more information.
Cancelling your reservation
You may cancel your reservation at any time up to midnight on the day you are due to pick-up the vehicle by contacting us (our details are shown on your reservation confirmation email). Depending on when you tell us that you want to cancel your reservation, you may still be charged for part or all of the total charges stated on your reservation confirmation email, as set out in the table below:
|Notice of cancellation||Charges you pay|
|At least 3 complete days before your rental is due to start||No charge|
|Less than 3 complete days before your rental is due to start but before the day of pick-up||50% of the total charges stated on your reservation confirmation email|
|On the day of pick-up or if you do not cancel and fail to show-up||The full amount of the total charges stated on your reservation confirmation email|
Payments on cancellation
The cancellation charge compensates us for having held the vehicle for you without any rental transaction ultimately taking place. You agree that we may charge you the applicable amount specified above against the payment card that you gave details of when you reserved the vehicle and give us permission to debit such payment card for this amount when you provide your payment details during the reservation process.
We accept payment by the following payment cards:
We are unable to accept payment in cash or by cheque.
If you pay with a non-UK issued payment card, your invoice will show your rental charges in pounds sterling (£/GBP). These charges will be sent to your credit card provider who will convert them into your home currency and post them to your credit card statement indicating the rate of exchange used. Your card provider may charge you a fee for this.
When payment is taken
You will be charged on confirmation of your reservation for the vehicle rental charge and for any optional services or products selected at the point of reservation against your payment card details which were provided at the point of reservation. You will be charged at the point that you pick-up the vehicle for any extra optional services or products, additional drivers or excess reduction you add at pick-up.
You may still be charged part or all of the total charges payable for your selected vehicle if you do not cancel your reservation in accordance with these terms and conditions and fail to show-up to collect the vehicle, or refuse delivery (where we have agreed to deliver the vehicle to you). Please see the Cancelling your reservation section above.
Any applicable additional fees or charges will be charged when you return the vehicle (if they can be calculated at that time) and we will supply an invoice to you to show the entire cost for the period of hire. This invoice will be sent to you via email. If you have incurred extra costs such as fines or tolls or caused damage and/or loss to the vehicle and/or accessories then we will charge you at a later date, together with any associated administrative charges if we become aware of them after you have returned the vehicle. You will pay or will be charged the full amount in one or in several lots as agreed between us. If requested by you, we can provide you with a final invoice once all elements of your rental have been settled.
(C) Vehicle pick-up
What you need to bring with you at pick-up
Please remember to bring the following items with you when you pick-up the vehicle as we will not be able to release the vehicle to you if you are unable to provide any of these:
- your original payment card (as we use this as a form of identity check to ensure that we give the vehicle to the person who made the reservation)
- a payment card registered in your name with sufficient funds available for us take a pre-authorisation or deposit (this can be your original payment card but it does not have to be)
- your original proof of identity and address
- your original driving licence and the original driving licence for each of your named additional drivers
We recommend that you also bring your reservation number or reservation confirmation email with you (if this applies) when you pick-up the vehicle as this will help us to process your reservation.
Vehicle inspection on pick-up
When you pick up the vehicle you will be asked to inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damage before you drive the vehicle away. You will be asked to sign a vehicle condition report to confirm the condition of the vehicle at the commencement of your rental. This form will document all pre-existing damage on the vehicle so it is important that you notify us of any apparent defect or damage that is not described on the vehicle condition report, otherwise we will assume that you have accepted the vehicle in the condition set out in the vehicle condition report. You will be responsible for any new damage discovered when the vehicle is inspected on return. By signing the vehicle condition report you agree with the vehicle condition at pick-up as shown on the vehicle condition report.
Before you drive the vehicle away, please familiarise yourself with the vehicle controls and any security devices fitted to ensure that you are capable of driving the vehicle safely. Our representative can go through this with you. If you have hired a vehicle that is a connected vehicle and you decide to connect your mobile phone this could result in transfer of your personal data to the vehicle and possibly the cloud servers of the vehicle manufacturer.
(D) Key terms and conditions
1 Rental Period
We will rent the vehicle to you for the rental period you have selected (which is shown on your reservation confirmation email and rental agreement). If you want to extend your rental please contact us as soon as possible before the agreed return date and time and we will confirm if we are able to extend your rental. Any extension is subject to the continued availability of the vehicle.
You will not receive any refund of the charges if you end your rental before the end of the agreed rental period. If you break any of these terms and conditions you may be required to return the vehicle to us before the end of the agreed rental period.
You must pay us all rental and associated charges shown to you during the reservation process (as set out on your rental agreement), including the charges for optional extras, additional drivers or optional enhanced collision damage waiver that you have agreed to (whether during the reservation process or at pick-up), and any other charges we work out according to these terms and conditions. In addition, you are responsible for any additional charges that arise as a result of your use of the vehicle or other incident and/or damage that occurs during the rental period, as described below.
- Any charge for loss or damage resulting from you not keeping to your responsibilities set out in these terms and conditions.
- Cancellation charges if you cancel your reservation or fail to show-up to pick-up the vehicle (as shown above).
- Fuel is not included in your rental rate and you must pay for all fuel used during the rental period. If you do not return the vehicle with the same level of fuel as in the vehicle at pick-up we will charge you for the missing quantity of fuel at the last AA published notional average pump price.
- Damage, theft or loss. You are responsible for and will pay to us (whether you were at fault or not) the cost of repairing any damage to the vehicle which was not noted on the vehicle condition report at the start of your rental (fair wear and tear excepted) depending on any insurance or protection you have (as set out in 7). If special cleaning is required for any reason you will be charged the cost of such cleaning. If the vehicle is stolen or lost during the rental period you are responsible for and will pay to us the cost of replacing the vehicle depending on any insurance or protection you have (as set out in 7).
- Loss of use. We may charge you for our loss of use of the vehicle if we cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired or is lost, up to the amount of any excess that applies.
- Fines. You are responsible for and must promptly pay all fines, charges and penalties issued as a result of use of the vehicle during the rental period, this includes tolls, congestion charges, road traffic offences (such as speeding fines), parking offences, clamping release, and release from compounds, whether you were driving the vehicle or not. You agree that we may pass your details (as well as a copy of your rental agreement) to the relevant issuing authority, upon request. We will charge you an administration charge each time we have to deal with a fine, charge or penalty incurred as a result of use of the vehicle whilst it is on hire to you. If we pay a fine, charge or penalty notice sent to us you agree that we will recharge you the cost of each fine or charge that we pay on your behalf. If the vehicle is seized by any authority you shall pay any civil penalty, restoration and repatriation charge plus costs we incur based on our reasonable and proper costs incurred in releasing the vehicle,ng offences, clamping release, and release from compounds, whether you were driving the vehicle or not. You agree that we may pass your details (as well as a copy of your rental agreement) to the relevant issuing authority, upon request. We will charge you an administration charge each time we have to deal with a fine, charge or penalty incurred as a result of use of the vehicle whilst it is on hire to you. If we pay a fine, charge or penalty notice sent to us you agree that we will recharge you the cost of each fine or charge that we pay on your behalf. If the vehicle is seized by any authority you shall pay any civil penalty, restoration and repatriation charge plus costs we incur based on our reasonable and proper costs incurred in re and a loss of income charge whilst we cannot rent out the vehicle.
- Out of zone Delivery & collection charges if you ask us to deliver/collect the vehicle from you outside our delivery zone, we will charge you based on our reasonable costs incurred in delivering/collecting the vehicle (depending on the address).
- Vehicle recovery and repair charges will be payable for recovering the vehicle and any loss or damage that occurs if we reasonably consider that an accident has been caused by failure to take proper care, deliberate misuse or a failure to comply with these terms and conditions by you, any additional named driver and/or any unauthorised driver, and/or if collision damage waiver does not apply or is invalidated as a result of any such act or omission.
- Accessories and keys not returned with the vehicle, we will charge you to replace such items.
- Additional rental days for each day that you retain the vehicle after the end of your agreed rental period (whether you extend your rental or are late returning the vehicle to us). If you are more than 60 minutes late returning the vehicle then we will charge you an extra days’ rental at our then current rental rates for each day or part day that you retain the vehicle beyond the agreed return date and time.
- Storage fees if we agree to store any of your personal property left in the vehicle after your rental ends.
- Interest. If you are late in making payment, we may charge you, without further notice, interest on the amount overdue at a rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time.
- Pre-authorisation/deposit. You consent to us taking a pre-authorisation on or deposit from an approved payment card in your name to cover any potential additional charges and/or fees that you are responsible for and are required to pay when you return the vehicle to us, the amount of the pre-authorisation or deposit is shown on your reservation confirmation email and rental agreement, and may be increased to cover any anticipated additional costs you may be responsible for if you extend your period of hire.
You agree that we may take any payments properly due to us under these terms and conditions from your nominated payment card at any time during and after the rental period. You agree to receive invoices from us electronically using the email address you have provided to us.
3 Your responsibilities
You must take all reasonable care of the vehicle throughout the rental period and drive with due care and attention and in accordance with all legal requirements. You must familiarise yourself with the vehicle controls and must always lock and enable any anti-theft devices fitted in the vehicle when it is parked or left unattended. You must use the correct type of fuel and fluids for the vehicle and routinely inspect the condition of the vehicle including levels of oil, water, AdBlue, coolant levels and tyre pressure.
You must inspect the vehicle at pick-up and notify a member of staff if you notice any damage that is not described on the vehicle condition report.
You must not:
- overload the vehicle with property or passengers;
- rent the vehicle to anyone else nor sell, dispose of, mortgage or pawn the vehicle, nor give or attempt to give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle;
- use a mobile communication device that may distract you from driving, including a mobile phone without a hands-free device;
- fit (nor allow anyone to fit) your own equipment to the vehicle which may cause damage to the vehicle, for example a roof or bike rack, any tow bar or signage. You must not fit winter tyres (nor allow anyone to do so) or make any other modifications to the vehicle without our prior written permission;
- let anyone service or repair the vehicle without our prior written permission. If we give permission then you need to provide us with a valid VAT receipt for the work to get a refund for such work; or
- nor allow anyone else, to smoke in the vehicle.
You must return the vehicle to the location shown on your rental agreement at the end of the rental period in the same condition it was in at the start of the rental period (fair wear and tear excepted). If we are collecting the vehicle it must be available for collection at any time up to 8 working hours from the end of the rental period without the imposition of any fines or congestion charges. You are responsible for the condition of the vehicle until it is inspected by a member of our staff.
Vehicle inspection on return
When you return the vehicle you will be asked to inspect the vehicle with one of our representatives and will need to sign the vehicle condition report to confirm a record of any new damage from that identified as pre-existing damage at the time of pick-up. We will check that the vehicle has been returned with all its keys, parts and accessories. We will also check the return mileage and fuel level on return and these details will be noted on your vehicle condition report. We will charge you for any excess mileage or fuel charges and/or other costs payable under these terms and conditions.
You will have to pay our reasonable costs for bringing the vehicle back to the condition stated in the vehicle condition report that you signed before the start of your rental. We will not charge you for any damage that is considered fair wear and tear.
If we discover new damage to the vehicle on return then we will discuss this with you. You will initially be charged the full amount of the excess stated on your rental agreement and you agree we may charge this amount against the payment card you supplied to us at the time of pick-up. If the final amount you are required to pay is less than the excess amount paid we will reimburse the difference to you. In the event that our insurer is able to reclaim the costs from a third party, because the damage was the result of an accident that is proven to be not your fault, we will reimburse the full amount of the excess amount paid.
For minor damage that you agree on return of the vehicle, we will charge you for the cost of repairing the damage up to the amount of the excess stated on your rental agreement. If we have a damage matrix which shows the cost of repairing the damage, then we will charge you in accordance with that matrix.
If the new damage is significant or we find damage that was not apparent on inspection (such as damage to the engine, fuel tank or clutch, or due to poor light conditions) we will refer it to damage assessors for evaluation. We will provide you with details of the damage and the charge, with evidence, as soon as reasonably practicable and before we charge your payment card. Please contact us using the contact details shown on your rental agreement if you do not agree with the damage charge. We also ask that you include any supporting evidence to support your claim and we will re-evaluate the damage charges. We will not charge you for the damage if we agree with you.
If the damage is significant or results in the vehicle being unavailable to rent to another customer, we may charge you for our loss of use of the vehicle. The maximum amount that you will be charged for repairing damage to the vehicle and our loss of use of the vehicle will be the amount of the excess stated on your rental agreement unless our standard collision damage or enhanced collision damage waiver does not apply (please see the Insurance & protection section for further information as to when this may happen) and then you will be responsible for the full cost of repairing the vehicle plus any charge for our loss of use of the vehicle.
4 Restrictions on use
Only you and the additional driver(s) named on your rental agreement may drive the vehicle. Each driver must have a full driving licence valid in the United Kingdom for the type of vehicle being rented for the full rental period.
You must not use nor permit the vehicle to be used for any of the following purposes:
- carriage of passengers or property for hire or reward (e.g. private hire or courier) (unless you are a corporate customer, are specifically insured to do so and have our prior written permission);
- to give driving tuition or operate a driving school;
- racing, off-roading, reliability trials, speed testing or taking part in rallies, contests, or trials, wherever they are located, official or not;
- to carry flammable, harmful, toxic, radioactive and/or dangerous materials, or anything illegal or that is likely to damage the vehicle;
- transporting live animals (with the exception of assistance dogs);
- to push or tow another vehicle, trailer or other object (without our prior written permission);
- for any purpose that requires an operator’s licence (unless you are a corporate customer, are specifically insured to do so, hold a valid operator’s licence and have our prior written permission); or
- for any illegal purpose and/or the commission of an offence (whether criminal or civil).
You must not use the vehicle off-road or on gravel roads or roads that are unfit for motor vehicles or where the surface or condition of it involves risks for the tyres or for the underside of the vehicle or for the vehicle itself, nor allow the vehicle to be driven by anyone under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance (whether legal or illegal) that may impair driving ability.
You must not take or drive the vehicle outside of the United Kingdom without first obtaining our written permission at least 7 working days before you are due to travel.
5 Breakdown, Accident & Theft
For the duration of your rental period the vehicle will have the benefit of Driverline support service which is a 24-hour telephone support service available 365 days of the year.
If a warning light appears or the vehicle develops any fault or breaks down during the rental period, you must tell us straight away via Driverline on 0330 100 8968 and must not use the vehicle while it is in an unroadworthy condition. You could be held responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle if you do not notify us.
If the vehicle is involved in an accident or it is stolen or vandalised you must tell us straight away via Driverline on 0330 100 8968 even if there is only minor damage or no one was hurt. You must:
- not admit or accept responsibility to any third party;
- obtain the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses;
- make the vehicle secure (where it is safe to do so) and if possible, provide us with the keys;
- report to the police and obtain a police report or crime reference report, the theft or vandalism, or accident (if anyone has been injured or property has been damaged); and
- complete and sign our accident or theft report form and return it to us within 48 hours.
6 Our responsibilities
We will maintain the vehicle to at least the manufacturer’s recommended standard and ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy at the start of your rental period. We will provide you with a vehicle condition report identifying any pre-existing damage on the vehicle when you pick-up the vehicle.
If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our failure to comply with these terms and conditions or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen. We are not responsible for any delay in performing or failing to perform any of our obligations under these terms and conditions if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond our control. If you are a corporate customer and use the vehicle for any commercial or business purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for failure to comply with your legal rights and remedies.
7 Insurance & protection
Unless we have agreed that you may use your own insurance, the rental rate includes the following protections for the duration of your rental period:
- third party insurance protecting you and your named additional driver(s) against claims for death, injury or damage to another person or their property as a direct result of your actions whilst you are driving the vehicle; and
- cover for loss of or damage to the vehicle (subject to the exclusions specified below), but you will have to pay an amount up to the excess shown on your rental agreement each time you damage the vehicle, it is stolen or cause loss, whether you were at fault or not.
You may pay an additional charge as shown in the reservation process (and set out on your rental agreement) for our optional enhanced collision damage waiver to reduce the amount of the excess you pay if the vehicle is damaged, it is stolen or you cause loss.
Your personal property is not covered by the protections in these terms and conditions and remains at your risk. Collision damage waiver will not apply and we may charge you the full amount of the cost of damage or loss to the vehicle if you do not comply with applicable laws and/or you do not comply with these terms and conditions and/or if any of the following occur:
- you allow anyone other than you and the additional driver(s) named on your rental agreement to drive the vehicle;
- the vehicle is driven by anyone under the influence of any substance that may impair their consciousness or ability to react, such as alcohol, drugs or certain medication;
- you fail to report an accident or incident involving a third party to us within 48 hours;
- if the damage to the vehicle is caused by driving the vehicle without due care and attention (whether deliberate or not); or the vehicle hitting a bridge, car park barrier or other overhead object as a result of you and/or any additional driver failing to drive the vehicle with due care and attention; or its total or partial theft or an act of vandalism as a result of you and/or any additional driver failing to exercise due care and attention; or your negligence or the negligence of your passengers (which is behaviour that falls below the standards expected of a reasonably sensible person in similar circumstances); and/or the keys being lost, stolen or damaged as a result of you and/or any additional driver failing to exercise due care and attention.
You will supply any information concerning the driver(s) of the vehicle to us upon demand and will allow us direct access to the driver(s) of the vehicle and will fully co-operate in obtaining such access and at our request, you agree to do all that we reasonably and lawfully require and allow your name and the name of any additional named driver(s) to be used in order for us to enforce any rights or remedies against any persons in connection with the vehicle against any persons in connection with the vehicle.
If you are a corporate customer and we agree that you may arrange your own insurance on the vehicle you must insure the vehicle with a reputable insurer on a comprehensive basis for all usual risks (including fire, theft and accident and third party liability) to the full replacement value of the vehicle without unusual restriction or excess (or equivalent) for the full rental period. You must prove that the policy is valid and sign the declaration on your rental agreement. You are responsible for any excess payable under your policy. In the event of accident, loss or damage to the vehicle we will undertake repairs and will invoice you for such repairs and any associated costs. We may at our discretion accept payment from your insurer, however ultimate responsibility is with you.
8 Ending this agreement
We may end this agreement if we become aware that you have not complied with any of these terms and conditions. If we end this agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under this agreement. We can also repossess the vehicle and charge you a reasonable amount for doing so. You give us (and will not withdraw) permission to access your premises for that purpose without using unreasonable force or causing damage.
If you are an individual we will end this agreement immediately if we find out that any of your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been made against you.
If you are a company or LLP, we may end this agreement immediately if you go into liquidation, receivership or administration, or you call a meeting of creditors or we find out that any of your assets have been taken away from you to pay off your debts.
9 Other important terms
If you are renting the vehicle through a corporate agreement, then by signing the rental agreement you confirm that you have the company or other organisation’s authority to enter into the rental agreement. In this case, the contract between us must be read in conjunction with the corporate agreement and in the event of any inconsistencies, the terms of the corporate agreement will prevail.
This agreement and any dispute arising in respect of your rental of the vehicle is governed by the laws of England and any dispute may be settled in the English courts, or if you are a consumer, you may bring a claim in either the English courts or in your country of residence.
We are committed to providing courteous and professional customer care at all times and ensuring our customers are treated fairly. Therefore, if you think we may have made a mistake or feel that we do not meet your expectations, we want to know so that we can investigate the matter. All comments are treated seriously and we endeavour to resolve any concerns promptly and fairly.
If you have a concern or complaint, please contact our customer services team using our contact details shown on your reservation confirmation email and rental agreement. Please provide full details of your concern, together with any supporting documentation and contact details (including daytime telephone number). This will help us to deal with your query promptly. We will write to acknowledge receipt of your concern. Our aim will be to investigate and resolve your concern as promptly as we can. For more complex cases, it may take longer to investigate the matter. In such cases we will keep you informed of progress and issue a final or holding response within eight weeks.
Alternatively, you can contact Audi on demand, Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited, Brunswick Court, Yeoman’s Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5LR, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights and remedies. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website (www.adviceguide.org.uk).
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association via their website (www.bvrla.co.uk). The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. In addition, if you are a consumer, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution at (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/platform).